Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Lil' Kickers

Last Spring Brad and I attended the Interlake Booster Club Auction. It's a pretty good deal to go to a high school auction because nobody bids on stuff for little kids. We were fortunate to get one session to Lil' Kickers. And we got a great deal on it. We knew we had to use it soon, mostly because we will have another baby to make things a little more complicated.

I called a few months ago and the person I spoke to gave me the impression that it was a drop-in class (meaning you can go anytime you want and you are not commited to going every week...exactly what I wanted). So 3 weekends ago we made a family trip to Arena Sports. As soon as we got there we saw the chaos that surrounds this Saturday morning event...kids and parents were everywhere and we couldn't find a parking spot. I dropped Brad and Brody off and searched for a place to park.

Once we were all inside I saw Brad standing in line with a look of annoyance on his face. To make a long story short, we would have quickly left if we didn't have this session we already paid for. We had to sign up and commit to the same time every week for the next 12 weeks. (I guess this is the beginning of Saturday commitments for our kids)

Last weekend was the first session. There wasn't a whole lot of soccer but there was a lot of running around. It was so cute watching Brody and Brad having fun together. Colt was on the sideline with me and so badly wanted to get out and run. I snuck onto the field the last few minutes of class so he could get out some of his energy.

It was hard to get some good pictures with Brody in the middle of running. Here he is getting ready to kick a squishy ball.



After our first session we were wondering why all the other kids had uniforms. We finally asked only to discover that the uniforms were part of the whole program so we were able to get Brody his own uniform. He is so excited about it.



Brad and I are hoping we can get another lucky find at the auction next year.

No comments: