Last night Brody was in his bed reading a book. In the book was a picture of an astronaut on the moon with other space related stuff around it.
Brody: Mom, when I grow up, when I grow up I'm going to be an astronaut.
Me: Wow Brody, that would be cool. (I think it would be a cool profession).
Brody: Mom, can you buy me a spaceship?
Me: Yes, I would love to buy you a spaceship.
(then I started to think I shouldn't be saying yes to buying him all this stuff because he is going to start expecting me to buy stuff for him all the time and really where am I going to buy a spaceship)
Brody: Mommy, Mommy. Can you buy me one of these? (he's pointing to a picture of a moon probe; a device used to poke the surface of the moon to see what it's like)
Me: Well, Brody. If you are an astronaut then I think they will just give you one of those for being an astronaut.
Brody: Oh.
Hopefully he knows I won't buy him everything he wants...right? Sometimes it's tough being a mom. :)
Passing The Baton
2 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment