This blog is mostly about the cute antics of our boys and pictures of them. This time it's a post about me. Yesterday I completed my second 1/2 marathon. After Colt was born I was anxious to get back in shape and knew that if I set some type of goal it would be easier to be motivated. Plus, if Brad knew I had something I was working towards he could help me along the way.
My first goal for the Mercer Island half marathon was to finish and my second goal was to run faster than my first one. I accomplished both. Although I still wish I could have ran faster. I guess I will have to get in some better training next time.
I know I could not have completed this race without Brad's support and without some running friends to join me on long runs. It's definitely a little more complicated squeezing in long runs (sometimes at 6:00 in the morning), but having a goal and a plan makes it that much more feasible.
Now on to my next athletic pursuit....any suggestions?
Passing The Baton
2 years ago
1 comment:
I'd like to suggest soccer as your next venture. I'm hoping to run into you in an upcoming coed game!
Post a Comment